I find myself speechless and humbled when I realize the awesomeness of the people I know. I’m surrounded by scours of hilarious, snarky, sweet, genuine, amazing book bloggers. I’ve connected with some of the sweetest, most creative, most supportive authors on the planet. Then there are those amazing people that are actually interested in reading what I write, which just brings a “pinch me” factor feeling.
I’m insanely grateful for all of these people. Without them, there’s no way in this world I’d be working at fulfilling my lifelong dream. So I’d like to give a big, huge, wet, slobbery thank you to everyone who has encouraged, acknowledged, lent some of their amazing wisdom or taken the time to get to know me and blessed me with one of the greatest gifts ever: friendship. There are entirely too many of these people to name individually, but I’m certain that each of you know who you are. Hopefully, I thank you often enough and let you know just how amazingly special you are to me.
And speaking of friendship and amazing people and support….
Jennifer Wagner nominated me for, get this, not one, not two, not three, but FOUR blog awards! How amazingly sweet! Not even enough thank-you’s in the world for this chick! Love her to pieces. <3
The first blog award is for The Lovely Blog Award. Here are the rules:
- Thank the nominator
- Nominate others that are worthy of that award in your opinion (official rules recommend 15, but that number can be tweaked.) Make sure that the people you nominate know they have been nominated.
- Share 7 things about yourself (and mention where these things can be read. You can use your blog, but not everyone does.)
So, with Jen thanked, it’s on to the 7 things about me that you probably don’t know:
- I tend to follow each and every crazy idea I have. Then I analyze it, dissect it, pull it apart, weigh it, entertain it to its fullest. And then I often change my mind – decide that it isn’t plausible or that I want something else more or there are too many road blocks or that the crazy idea just isn’t meant to happen quite yet. Because of this, I’m often considered indecisive or very fickle with my decisions.
- I’ve only been to the ocean once, yet dream about it pretty much daily. I swoon over pictures, fall in love with almost every book or movie with an ocean, and even plan imaginary vacations to the ocean.
- I also have a serious infatuation with exotic places – countries I’ve never been. Canada, Greece, Italy, France, Germany, Ireland. I guess since I’ve seen most of the states at one time or another, I’m not quite as infatuated. Or maybe it’s really just my obsession with foreign accents. =D
- I’m a former band nerd. But more than that, I love music in general. Classical, jazz, grunge, rock, oldies…pretty much anything except heavy metal. I can’t stand not knowing what they’re saying. Oh, and I like to sing, although I’m not as good at it after years of polluting my poor vocal chords.
- I have a serious obsession with dreadlocks. I’ve actually had two sets myself. Unfortunately, I’ve learned that have a very sensitive scalp, for one reason or another and have had to remove both sets right around the six month mark due to tightening at the roots.
- I have no decorating skills, whatsoever. I look at amazing interior decorating photos and sit in awe at how colors and schemes come together, but my walls are bare and there isn’t a throw pillow anywhere in this house.
- I have a black thumb. With all of my desires to live more environmentally friendly, I’ve tried several times to grow vegetables, flowers and so much more. I succeed for a little while, but eventually, all of my plants die.
The second nomination is for the Reader Appreciate Award. Here are the rules:
1. Include the award logo somewhere in your blog.
2. Answer the nine questions below.
3. Nominate 10 to 12 blogs you enjoy. Or you pick the number.
4. Pay the love forward: Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate.
5. Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
Questions for the Reader Appreciate Award:
What is your favorite color?
Oh how I hate favorite questions! I tend to shy away from favorite questions because there are just too many amazing things in life to pick just one. Colors are a prime example. I love the blue of the ocean, the yellow of a sunflower, the oranges, pinks and purples of a sunset, the green of grass, the reds and yellows of changing leaves in the fall, the gray of storm clouds…you get the idea.
What’s your favorite animal?
Again with the favorites! Well, I love my dog, but definitely prefer the personality of cats. But I also love dolphins, whales, turtles. I don’t much care for snakes, spiders or scorpions, however.
What’s your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
Finally! An favorite I can answer! Green tea…or Red Bull. I’m ashamed to admit the latter though, lol.
Facebook or Twitter?
Oooo…well, that depends. I love both! I love my tweeps dearly, but I also have a lot of really close friends on Facebook. So I guess it depends on who I feel like talking to that day, or who feels like talking to me, lol.
What is your favorite pattern?
Actually, I’m pretty abstract. I like anything that can create art – splashes, splatters, circles, you name it!
Favorite day of the week?
Since I stay home with my kiddos, most days are pretty much the same to me. I love being home with them (most of the time,lol), and don’t have any special rituals on special days because we really just have to steal moments with Daddy on his days off, which vary.
What is your passion?
By nature, I tend to be a passionate person, so almost anything I do, I’m passionate about…unless you count laundry, lol. The short list: people, writing, being a wife and mom, the environment, animal, humanitarian efforts and love.
Next is The Most Inspiring Blog Award
In this one, I’m supposed to tell seven things about myself that you may not already know. I’ve already done that above.
Lastly, is The Sisterhood of the World Blogger’s Award, which there are no requirements for, other than nominations.
So, for my nominees for all 4 awards are:
NOTE: I completely understand if any of the people I’ve nominated would rather not participate. I also understand if life is a little too busy right now. I may have even nominated blogs that maybe aren’t exactly relevant to these awards, but they are blogs that inspire me. So, no matter whether you participate or not, I’d like to thank you for all that you do.